Tips To Follow Post Dental Implants Surgery for Quick Recovery
Dental implants are a typical tooth replacement option. Tooth loss can be caused by a variety of factors, including tartar buildup, gum disease, tooth decay, and poor oral hygiene. Dental or tooth implants are nothing, but artificial tooth roots that are surgically implanted into the jawbone to provide a permanent, solid foundation and structure to a new or replacement tooth.
This treatment is popular among the other tooth replacement options. For this treatment, you must always choose the right dentist. Some of the important factors that you must take care of when hiring dentists are experience, qualification, and patient reviews. Orion Dentists Specialties is a reputed clinic in Cypress where you can find the best dentists for dental implants.
Almost all the dentists from this clinic are well experienced. You don’t have to visit the clinic to take their appointment because you can now take their appointment online, through their website.
When do you require a dental implant?
If you observe the signs mentioned below then dental implant would be your ideal choice.
- If you have a chipped or missing tooth then you would require this treatment.
- If dentures don’t fit you properly, they might cause a kind of discomfort and pain. In this case, you must choose tooth implants.
- If you are suffering from severe tooth infections, tooth implants may benefit you.
- If you observe your cheeks sinking in more and more, this treatment may help you.
When tooth implants are right for you?
You will be the right candidate for a tooth implant if you meet the below criteria.
- Having a missing tooth.
- Doesn’t smoke.
- Doesn’t drink alcohol.
- Have healthy oral tissues.
Are there any risks involved with the tooth implants?
Tooth implants surgery, like any other operation, carries inherent hazard. However, problems are uncommon, and when they do arise, they’re usually small and treatable. The following are some of the dangers:
- Sometimes the surgery might result in infection around the implant. However, this happens only when you don’t take care of it properly.
- Surrounding structures like blood vessels may get damaged or injured.
- You may experience a kind of tingling sensation. It might also cause pain sometimes.
What to follow post-surgery?
- You must stay away from smoking and drinking alcohol post the surgery. Otherwise, you might not experience the expected results.
- If you observe swelling on your cheeks post the surgery, you could apply an ice pack two to three times a day. This swelling usually goes away within a week. If it doesn’t go away then you have to contact your dental specialist.
- Avoid brushing your teeth for the next 48hours post-surgery. Instead, you could wash your mouth with water.
- Avoid speaking for at least 48 hours post-surgery. Try to take as much rest as possible.
- Stay positive about the results always.
- Avoid eating crispy and hard food post the surgery for at least 3 to 4 days. Prefer fruit juices, soups, and soft foods.
Do follow the above tips and you will definitely see some amazing results!