During summertime generally, you will find insects and since you keep your windows open to get fresh air, they are likely to make an entry into your home.
Therefore, fly screens that are available from Premier Screens Ltd. can be very useful for protecting your home from the menace of flies, mosquitos, etc. However, you also need to consider regular cleaning and maintenance of these fly screens too.
Let us discuss their maintenance and upkeeping in this post.
To increase the life and efficiency of these screens regular care and maintenance will be necessary. Therefore, you must thoroughly clean these screens a minimum of once a year. However, if you live in an area where the pollution level is quite high, then you must do cleaning more than once.
These screens are intended for insect management in your home and are not designed to keep animals or children safe inside/outside of your home. On windy days, doors and windows must not be left open because they are not meant for windy situations.
You can perform spot cleaning on these screens with a vacuum cleaner equipped with a soft brush head, which will remove much of the surface grime. Clean the screen tracks with the vacuum cleaner and use the nozzle head to remove dirt and debris.
The following are a few tips for cleaning any window insect screen:
- For any standard aluminum insect screens, you must remove insect screens from your windows and use your gardening hose to clean them easily and quickly.
- To get extra shine, you can use any solution of soap and water to offer your insect screens a little more extra cleaning. However, ensure that you must use a soft-fiber brush to avoid any damage to your insect screen.
- For delicate insect screens, you should not use your garden hose. You must remove the screen and use any feather duster, and clean your screen.
- You can also find a video for cleaning your flyscreens on the internet too, which can be very helpful for you to follow.
For cleaning the glass surface of the windows, you may follow these steps:
- First, wipe off all the loose dirt and grime present by using a soft dry cloth.
- You can apply any one of the cleaning solutions as mentioned below and apply directly to the glass:
- Liquid window cleaner
- Mild soapy water
- Vinegar-and-water (white)
- You must avoid the following for preventing any damage to your glass:
- Abrasive solutions
- Razor blades
- Wipe the solution by using a soft cloth and try to clean in a circular motion at the top of your window
- Then take off your cleaning solution immediately with a squeegee or any lint-free cloth. While using a squeegee, you must ensure to use any cloth for wiping the squeegee and dry after each wipe.
- For reducing glass cleaner residue present on the glass, try to avoid cleaning when it is sunny weather. Plan for it on cloudy or dry days.